Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011 surgery day

I will be making updates to this post on a regular basis. I will place a time so you will know it is current.

7:28am: They took her back to the pre-surgery room. This is where they give her the medicine to put her to sleep. It tore me up to watch them take her back...she was looking at me like mom where am I going. They said surgery will not start until 9:00ish. This is going to be a long day. There are over 12 people here supporting and praying for her here at the hospital...we are sooooo blessed to be loved. Waiting is no fun.

Here are some pictures before they took her the day of surgery...





9:15 - The nurse just came out.  They had a little trouble getting an IV started which is why they started a little later.  She is stable and handling the anesthesia like a champ.  They are starting.  Lord I pray you keep her safe and you are with the surgeons hands as he is working on her heart.  Lord you made her heart and I know you are guiding the surgeons hands to fix it.

10:20 - The nurse just came in and said Ellie is doing great.  She is on the bi-pass machine and is doing great.  There are no issues and everything is as planned.  She assured us Ellie can feel nothing.  I miss her soo much. 

11:30 - The nurse said they are just about at the halfway point.  She said Ellie is doing great and the next time we see her they should be getting ready to take her off the bi-pass machine.

12:35 - She is off the bi-pass machine and her heart is beating like it should on its own.  The surgical repair is finished they are waiting for the bleeding to slow down before they close her up.  The nurse said she would be out within the next hour to let me know when they close her up.  PTL she has the pace maker wires connected but at the moment she doesn't need them.  They said she is doing great...no complications.

1:15 - Surgery is over.  She is all closed up.  She did great.  No complications.  She will stay sedated today and they will start to wake her up tomorrow and remove the breathing tube.  The pacemaker wires will stay attached but she does not need them.  They will keep them on for the next couple of days as a precaution.  Her holes are repaired and the valve is leaking mildly which is what they wanted.  Her brain was being monitored and she had no issues with that either.  PTL it is almost over.  We will get to see her in a couple of hours.  They need to get her settled into her room with the wires and tubes.  Then I will not have to leave her side.  Thank you everyone for your prayers.  Thank you Jesus the skill you gave the surgeon and for keeping her safe.  Please continue to pray as she recovers.  We are on our way to the start of her new heart life.
 

10 comments:

  1. I am here praying & thinking of all 3 of you today. He would not bring Ellie into our lives, only to take her away. She has much to teach us, and this is our lession of patience & faith from her.

    I am following on the Blog - THANK YOU FOR THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning my beautiful family! Faith and Kenny I just wanted to thank you for bringing such a beautiful blessing into the world. Ellie Mae has touched everyone of us in some kinda way. She has brought this family closer and for that I am grateful. Ellie is always in our thoughts and prayers. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning from Maui! We are here giving our thanks for the doctors and hospital staff taking such good care of our Ellie! Saying our prayers for Faith and Kenny, and so thankful there is family there to support you as Ellie has her surgery. Thank you for the postings so we know how she is doing. We love you and know Ellie is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember..."His eye is on the sparrow, and He watches over you."
    Stay strong.
    Thank you for calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT news!! Off the by pass and no pacemaker needed and NO complications....we praise Him for these gifts today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PTL...We raise our voices up to Him for the gifts he has given the surgeon and his team. We thank Him for the gift of Ellie and her health!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got service so I could check. Praising God for answered prayers! - Dave Hamlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent news!! I just got back on myself a see she is doing great. We are so proud of her and her mom and dad for being so very brave! Now we can all relax a little bit. I will spend the rest of my day thinking of mom and dad sitting by Ellie's side as she works to grow stronger, and saying my thank you's to God. :)Our family is blessed today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank the lord!! she is a beautiful baby! god bless your family and keep you all safe!

    ReplyDelete