Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011 second night

It is 9:15pm on the second night after Ellies surgery. I can not beleve how well she is doing. Her breathing tubes are out, her urine tube is out, her draining tube has been capped, her oxygen has been removed, and her brain monitor has been taken off. The only things that are left on her are the pace maker wires (which were never connected to a pace maker), her IVs, and her drain tube. I actually got to hold my baby girl today!!! As I look at her under the covers she looks like my baby girl and not a child that just went through open heart surgery a short time ago. PTL!!!!! For some reason I Am having trouble posting pictures so I will when I get home...take my word..she looks GREAT!

BTW...her cardiologist went to talk to another family today who just found out that their unborn baby has av canal defect and the possibility of down syndrome. The family is also patients of my OBGYN. My OBGYN called me today and asked me If I would talk with the family when we get out of the hospital to kind of help them through what will be the same road we traveled. Lord I wish this road on no one...it has been up and down and really scary. We are not over our hurdles yet and you are already showing me how I can be a blessing to others through the situation that wasn't the road I thought I would be traveling on. I pray that you touch this family as they walk this road...help them see that they are on alone and you are with them. Help them to see that having a child with down syndrome is not a curse or a burden. Help them see that you will be with them through the steps necessary to repair their heart...in the words of a good man I know "The one who made her heart is helping the surgeons repair it. Thank you soo much for your blessings. Help guide my words so I do not say too much or not enough, help them find joy in this pregnancy and birth of a beautiful child sent to them. In Jesus precious name AMEN




1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear how well Ellie is doing!! Thankful that everything is going well and proud of her for being such a strong little girl! God is holding her close as she works to grow strong. Faith I know you will say the perfect thing to this other family. God has a way of making you feel stronger by having you help others. They will appreciate any support and info you can give them, and they will then become art of your support for Ellie.

    ReplyDelete