Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 2, 2011 6:30 am

Ellie is doing soo well and she is soooo beautiful. I love staring at her. Our room is right across from the nurses station and most of them come in from time to time to see what they are calling "The cutest baby in the unit". At the moment we are still in ICU but I really think we will be moving to a regular room today sometime. She is doing so good. She is off of all the medicine drips. She is taking lasix 3 times a day and morphine every 2 hours as needed for pain. She has been going 4 hours between morphine doses so I think they may be stepping that down this morning as well. PTL for all of his mercies on her. I have really come to be grateful for my blessings. There have been lots of times I have "felt sorry" for myself. Being at the hospital I have realized how blessed we are. Our angel will go home with us and live a very normal life. Since we have been at the hospital there has been a family whose baby has died, and a family whose baby is a preemie and only 12 days old on life support and has gone through heart surgery as well as countless other procedures. Not to mention many other health cases. Also, I have met a family whose 16 year old son was hit by one of those mud race cars at the fair grounds while sitting in the stands. Their family has been up here at the hospital in ICU for over 2 weeks and the end is nowhere in sight and the out come is unknown. I pray for all the families up here. This is the real world...everyday is a blessing, every step is a blessing, every breath is a blessing, and every word spoken could be your last. Thank you lord for my many blessings. God bless the men and women who put their emotions to the side each day as they love and care for these beautiful children.

1 comment:

  1. This is always how I have felt every time I've been in the hospital with Kelsey- so grateful. We, also, have experienced babies and children dying while we were on the unit. So grateful.

    ReplyDelete