Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011 - this and that

12:44am. Ellie had been running a low grade fever all afternoon and had been really fussy. I was holding off on the pain medications because the doctors said by this point she should be on Tylenol or Motrin to relieve the pain and she is still taking loratab. However, I am told that children with down syndrome have a lower tolerance for pain and need more pain medications to relieve the same amount of pain that a typically developing child might need. So anyway, I had the nurse give her tylenol and took her for a walk in the wagon. I was beginning to think that we would have to stay another day because she was still cranky and still running a low grade 101.1 fever. While we were on our walk we ran into the doctor who said as long as the fever doesn't get any high and as long as her blood work came back good we would be going home tomorrow. That made me feel a whole lot better. That is until I remembered I still had a really cranky baby. I had the nurse change her dressing on her central line and give her some Mylacon drops and yet she still would not sleep. By the way the morning nurse was either a horrible nurse or really busy, I still haven't decided which one I will claim to. So when the evening nurse came in she suggested we try loratab and with great success my cranky baby was a little more easy going. Then she noticed the dressing the morning nurse had put on was already falling off and pullng out the central line. We had to get a chest x-ray to make sure the line was still in place. If it wasn't it would have to be taken out and she would miss her doses of antibiotic the dr wanted her to have or they would put the antibiotic in the IV in her head which the dr didn't want to do. Or another possibility was more infection die to the exposure of the central line. So we had to jump through those hoops. Only to find out (PTL) the line was in place and no damage that we could see at the moment had beedone except for some inconvenience issues. All the while that was going on I waas washing he dirty bottles and discovered that one of the breast milk bottles had someone else's name on them. Meaning I had fed Ellie someone else's breast milk. How in the heck that happened I do not know however now to make sure Ellie wasn't exposed to anything the other mother has to have bloodwork done and background check to make sure Ellie is ok. Just one more thing for me to worry about. So now here I am, thanking god th central line was in place, praying the other mother was healthy, praying the doctors say Ellie can go home tomorrow, praying that when we go home there are no complications and last but not least praying I get more them 2 solid hours of sleep tonight. I will blog when I know more tomorrow. Night everyon!








1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are SO close to going home. I'll bet you can hardly wait to have the family all together again.

    I continue to pray for you. Not to mention keeping fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms all crossed that today will be the day. If I find anything else I can cross I will. :-)

    Stay strong, you're almost through the toughest part. You are one of the strongest people I know, which is I'm sure why God gave Ellie to you. He knew she would need a strong mommy to help her throuh this all, and on her path of life.

    Love you
    Lianne

    ReplyDelete