Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011 - more...

So here we are a little more then 4 weeks since her surgery. For the most part she is doing great. We have been having troubles with her sleeping and pooping. They put her on more probiotics and little improvement. She went back to the dr yesterday and she sent us to havenher stool tested and they put her on antibiotics. I will he glad when wenget her stomach straightened out. She is very uncomfortable, however she is smiling a lot more then she ever has before. We are still fighting the sleeping battle and have been trying to keep herup during the day so she will sleep at night but that hasn't worked so well. I hope that by tomorrow night we see improvement in her sleep patterns. Kenny and I have started taking turns getting up with her so we both can get some sleep...but mostly we are walking around like we got hit by a bus...thank you Jesus I have not been working.

We went to the cardiologist today and he thinks she looks great. Because of all of the stomach issues he decided to keep her on the heart meds. He said her numbers look great though. The only thing is she has a mitrovalve that has opened. I guess when you are born everyone's is open and shortly after birth it closes, Ellies closed and then reopened after surgery. They are unsure if it will close again on it's own so they are going to keep an eye on it and if it hasn't closed in a year they will close it when they take pictures of her hart using a cathider in a surgery like procedure. She will have to be anesthetized and a cathider will be inserted in her leg and will go up to her heart to take pictures then if that mitrovalve is still open they can close it using the cathider. My heart sank when he told me this but he says they take these pictures one year after every surgery and the mitrovalve opening is common...however...she will go home that day. I will still pray it closes on it's own and we don't have that issue. God is good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment