Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011 - eviction from the ICU

Yeah, we are finally on the floor. I almost thought we wouldn't make it. Ellie continues to run a fever on and off and have diareah. They kept the central IV line in her neck and the IV line in her head. She is still on the really strong antibiotic but they can not find the source of the infection. There are several possibilities but no defineates. I know we will be here on the main floor for at least 2 days if not longer. They are concerned that there is an infection in the incision but it is on the fence so they want to watch it because if there is it could be a staff infection. Like I was telling the dr. if a staff infection and pneumonia was all that happened to us...we have no problems. Considering the alternative (death, permanent pace maker, stroke, brain damage...ect)not to mention all the countless things that I have seen other children come into the ICU with....we got off pretty easy if you ask me....Thank you Jesus for my MANY blessings. Ellie continues to play and eat but has yet to smile or coo at me. It will probally break me down into tears when and if she does. Thank you all for being a blessing to me...god bless




1 comment:

  1. OH HAPPY DAY! I know you must be relieved to have made progress.

    Thank you for blogging, and keeping us updated on Ellie's progress.

    ReplyDelete