Welcome

My photo
Copyright: all content and pictures are copyright protected...you may not copy, print, or distribute pictures or information shared on this blog without permission from me...thanks!! To get permission or contact me...please e-mail me at faith.wulf@jefferson.kyschools.us

Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011 - First full day home

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers throughout this entire process.  This was one of the hardest things we have ever had to go through.  I never wish anyone to have to watch their child go through something this horrendous.  Knowing that you were all here praying and thinking about us made it just a little bit easier.  I am having trouble with posting comments on your comments and sending e-mail to you.  I appreciate everything.  You can not imagine how much you mean to us!!

Ellie is doing great and is loving being home.  Last night she got a bath and we scrubbed the sticky tape and glue off of her.  She got lotioned up (except for where the incision is) and rocked to sleep just like she used to before the hospital.  You can tell she is glad to be home.  She is still a little sore and complains a little when she is moved no matter how careful we are, however, you can tell she is doing a whole lot better and glad to be home.

My posts on here will begin to get fewer as we begin to relax and enjoy life a little more now that this surgery we have been anticipating for the last year is over.  We have been so consumed by the surgery we missed the little things.  I will still post updates from time to time and would love to keep in contact with you all.  If you would like to stay updated and do not have facebook (because I am on there all the time) please send me your e-mail address and I will be glad to talk with you.  Here is my e-mail: address
faith.ashton@jefferson.kyschools.us

Nurse Kristina I would love to stay in touch with you and have no way to message you.  Thank you for showing such compassion for my little angel.  I know you see a million children every day and yet you still treated Ellie like she was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment